Job title: Database Developer
Keyword uses Sesame Database Manager software to manage people, money and goods for a range of businesses in the UK, US and Europe including high value artworks, school enterprises and SME retailers. It provides the tools to ensure organisations become more productive and focus on customer requirements.
Sesame was built by Lantica Software LLC to be a successor product to Q&A, Symantec’s hugely successful flat-file database. Sesame is a client-server relational database, fully programmable, and is both powerful and easy to use.
Sesame is a comprehensive and highly customisable database management platform which has underpinned a wide range of sophisticated business solutions for over 15 years.
As we continue to identify new customers, we are looking for an experienced database programmer / developer with strong customer facing skills to build new solutions, support existing customers and develop new opportunities.
Needs to be in UK but most work can be done remotely.
- Establish customer requirements
- Database design and application
- Provide active support of existing clients including troubleshooting and solving database problems
- Develop and improve existing applications
- Solicit new work from past clients
- Liaise with existing business partners who provide complementary network support and web design
- Liaise with Lantica Software in the US
- Follow up UK sales leads from Lantica
- Exploit new and emerging requirements for businesses e.g.: GDPR, HMRC’s “Making Tax Digital”, BREXIT
Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience of programming in VBA or similar BASIC language. Microsoft Access experience would be an advantage.
- Be comfortable dealing with clients face to face and remotely
- Be able to undertake whole projects from establishment of requirements, through design of database system, to implementation, working closely with the client throughout
- Have a basic understanding of computer networks
- Have experience of remote computing (VPN, TeamViewer etc)
- Be an excellent communicator
- Ability to manage multiple activities and achieve deadlines
- Above all, have an ethos where the most important consideration is maintaining the integrity and security of the clients’ data
- Competence with system support (networks etc)
- Experience of database integration with other products (email, accounts programs, PDF, web forms, etc)
- Web integration and spin-off website design work
Job would be on a freelance (self-employed) basis working from home office and, very occasionally, at clients’ premises. Would suit an existing freelance database application developer / programmer seeking additional business.
Technical support would be available from Keyword and Lantica.
All associated admin and invoicing would be responsibility of applicant.
Email to: alec@Keywordsoftware.com